- Children learn as they play. Most importantly, in play children learn how to learn.
- Facilitating a safe and nurturing space, children can be themselves.
- Children explore through a variety of sensory-based experiences. We aim to support every child’s unique learning style, their innate curiosity and their desire to play with confidence.
- Children thrive when connecting with their natural environment through open-ended play experiences.
- Encouraging and supporting children in developing self-help skills, empowers them to become independent learners.
- The child’s current interests give direction to an emergent curriculum. The play space should have recycled and natural materials to support their interests.
- When there is space and guidance to grow veggies in the garden and care for plants, children develop a healthy curiosity to explore the outdoor environment and connect with the elements of nature.
- When children have the opportunity to contribute to and take care of their environment they learn to take care of themselves.
- Encouraging healthy eating practices along with healthy physical play experiences is important in a child’s early development.
- Everyone (Children, Educators & Families) are given opportunities to share their natural gifts and skills. All members of our community experience moments of receiving and sharing guidance.
- In having passionate and enthusiastic Educators a part of our community to support the intention of our philosophy and vision along with their unique style of facilitating a children’s play space.